What are Xeomin injections？
Xeomin (IncobotulinumtoxinA) is a FDA-approved medication, A botulinum toxin typa A likes botox and dysport, Manufactured by Merz Company. Xeomin is was the first clinically proven anti-wrinkle injection uniquely purified to remove proteins unnecessary for treatment. It’s used for the temporary improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe glabellar lines with corrugator and/or procerus muscle activity in adult patients.
What are the ingredients of XEOMIN?
The active ingredient is botulinum toxin type A
Where can xeomin be injected？
Xeomin can be injected into glands that make saliva and is used to treat long-lasting (chronic) drooling (sialorrhea) in adults and in children 2 to 17 years of age.
Xeomin can be injected into muscles and used to:
- Treat increased muscle stiffness in the arm because of upper limb spasticity in adults.
- Treat increased muscle stiffness in the arm in children 2 to 17 years of age with upper limb spasticity, excluding spasticity caused by cerebral palsy.
- Treat the abnormal head position and neck pain with cervical dystonia (CD) in adults.
- Treat abnormal spasm of the eyelids (blepharospasm) in adults.
- Improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) for a short period of time (temporary) in adults.
What are Xeomin side effects？
- loss of strength and muscle weakness all over the body
- double vision
- blurred vision and drooping eyelids
- hoarseness or change or loss of voice
- trouble saying words clearly
- loss of bladder control
- trouble breathing
- trouble swallowing
What not to do after xeomin?
- Do not touch your face with water within an hour after injection.
- Do not take floxacin anti-inflammatory drugs within one week after the injection.
- Facial massage, hot compress and rubbing are prohibited within one month after injection.
- Do not eat fried, easy-to-fat foods within 1 month after the injection
- Avoid eating hard-shelled foods after injection; fasting spicy, seafood, tobacco and alcohol within a week.
How long will xeomin last?
About 8-14 months.
When does xeomin take effect？
Generally, a significant face-lifting effect can be observed 1 month after Xeomin is injected.
What is advantage of Xeomin?
Because it does not contain auxiliary proteins, it will not produce antibodies, and the effect of repeated injections will not get worse. It is also the only botulinum toxin in the world that can be stored at room temperature for 3 years.